Clinical Trials Ethics Specialist
(Internally known as Ethics Submission Specialist)
- 12 – Month Fixed Term, Full Time (Part Time of 0.8 FTE will be considered)
- Competitive remuneration and additional salary packaging benefits to maximise your take home pay + 5 weeks annual leave
Purposeful not-for-profit organisation that supports the management of a large number of oncology clinical trials, in an effort to advance novel therapeutics to improve the outcomes for people affected by cancer
- Paid parental leave benefits for both primary and secondary carers
- Access to a personal learning and development budget
- Career advancement opportunities in direct alignment with organisational growth
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Enjoy the balance of working from home and in the office. We are based in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) building in Parkville, and are proud to work in a state-of- the art facility for cancer research, treatment, care and education
- Be involved in a growing organisation and help shape our future footprint in the clinical trials arena
Who Are We?
Cancer Trials Australia (CTA) is a not-for- profit member-based organisation consisting of 31 clinical sites and 3 medical institutes across Australia and New Zealand. We have expanded significantly over recent years, and this growth continues in 2022. We support the administration and management of clinical trials across both metropolitan and regional hospitals. We work in close partnership with clinical research sites, sponsors and CRO’s to ensure patients can gain access to appropriate clinical trials as quickly as possible. CTA is committed to developing internal talent, and places great emphasis on nurturing a culture of compassion and purpose in the workplace.
About the Opportunity
As an Ethics Submission Specialist, you will join an established and dedicated team of professionals to support our clinical research sites in providing access to appropriate treatment options for patients with cancer. The role requires you to coordinate and manage all documentation with a range of stakeholders to gain Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and Research Governance Office (RGO) approval for a number of clinical trials. This role requires an individual who can work with a complex set of tasks, plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines’ and work independently and efficiently.
Your typical working week will involve:
- The ability to demonstrate your project management skills by reprioritising tasks where necessary
- Ensuring compliance with ethics and governance related components, to meet local ICH-GCP guidelines and requirements of both research offices and sponsoring companies
- Leading the review and management of detailed documents containing scientific information and carefully monitoring the status and progression of concurrent submissions
You will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills to nurture positive ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining a professional approach in all activities.
Minimum requirements include:
- Tertiary qualification in Health, Life Sciences, or other related qualifications, with a sound working knowledge of medical terminology/scientific language
- At least 12 months’ experience in a clinical trials/research administrative role
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination and/or review of Human research ethics applications (preferred)
If you envisage yourself in a meaningful role working alongside a supportive team with a shared purpose and would like the opportunity to be involved in the ongoing growth and success at CTA, we encourage you to apply.
For more information about this role or to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact the People and Culture Business Partner by emailing [email protected]
The successful applicant will also be required to supply a current National Police Check, and proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations as recommended by the Department of Health.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer, and this position is open to people with a valid full-time Australian working visa.
All applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Closing date for applications: 11 September 2022
To submit an application, please click on the ‘Apply Now button on our Seek advertisement.