- Manage a team of Ethics Submission Specialists
- Join a highly regarded not-for-profit organisation that continues to expand
- Offering career and professional development opportunities
Working from home and at our main office located in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) in Parkville, join Cancer Trials Australia’s growing team of professional and committed staff, providing centralised co-ordination of clinical trial administration services on behalf of Australian clinical research sites. In 17 years of operation we have supported the administration of over 1,500 clinical trials, which have recruited almost 10,000 Australian oncology patients.
As the Team Leader – Ethics and Governance, you will play a pivotal role in the management, co-ordination and administration of ethics and governance activities for a large portfolio of clinical trials. You will provide leadership, direction and supervision of a team of Ethics Submission Specialists, ensuring we provide an exceptional, high-quality service to our clinical research member sites.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to mentor and develop junior staff, as well as the ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities, working alongside experienced team members, and developing skills that will help advance your career.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure ethics and governance submission services for clinical trials run by nominated sites meet agreed service levels;
- Manage and supervise Ethics Submission Specialists, including provision of back-up support when required;
- Oversee on-going training of Ethics Submission Specialists, ensuring they are continuously developed to undertake their roles as effectively as possible; and
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities and collaborate with internal team members to ensure optimal service delivery.
To succeed you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health or Life Sciences;
- Minimum 3 years of Clinical Research experience gained in in a hospital, CRO or pharma/biotech;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of ethics and governance documentation for clinical trials;
- Proven experience in the supervision of staff, providing tailored on-the-job technical skills training and mentoring;
- Previous exposure to database applications;
- An ability to identify and implement process improvement initiatives;
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective organisation skills, with the ability to organise, take initiative and follow-up independently;
- A focus on detail and quality work; and
- An eagerness to continuously improve and an openness to new responsibilities.
What you will get in return:
- Working for an established and growing not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to improving clinical trial outcomes for patients
- A supportive culture, working in a close-knit team of experienced professionals
- Generous salary packaging and annual leave provisions
- Training and career development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements; and
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
This is a full-time role with an initial fixed term of 2 years.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to running a safe and professional hiring process. The safety of our employees and prospective employees takes priority, which means that our recruitment process will include Zoom video discussions, interviews and remote onboarding.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and this position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa. The successful applicant will also be required to supply a current National Police Clearance.
Queries about the role, including requests for a copy of the position description, can be directed to: [email protected], in the first instance.
To submit an application, please go to the Seek advertisement here, click on the ‘Apply for this job’ button and include a cover letter that addresses all of the essential requirements listed above, along with your curriculum vitae. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.